Pages

Thursday 10 January 2013

Ready to rock and roll!

Right, here we go! I'm not sure whether to count today as my official start day or not because my first KSFL class and intro session is tonight, but I've read the booklet and taked to Rachel, and am trying to mostly get it right today. I think I'll officially treat today as a practice run because I'm not 100% on a few things and I did start the day with a small cup of coffee after a rough night wih a coughing child, but that was at 6am and I've been a good girl since 6:30am.

One thing I did do this morning was take my first photos. Oh how horrible it is to see those views of yourself that you never normally get to see, and the idea of sharing them is cringeworthy, but I things can only get better and by being open up front about the state I'm in at each stage will keep me accountable. Please feel free to avert your eyes...



I followed my photo session with a KSFL breakfast of a 3 egg (or rather a 6 egg split two ways) omelette with mange tout, onion, savoy cabbage and pepper. I may have slipped up by using a yellow pepper as I only noticed in the booklet that it specifies green. I will find out tonight! It looked and tasted lovely, but I do think I'll need to come up with some more interesting omelette variations before long.


Recipe time!
 
Approx 1 tablespoon of olive oil (use coconut if you have it)
1onion, chopped
1 yellow pepper, chopped
A handful of mangetout (about half a bag), sliced in half
6 large savoy cabbage leaves with the thick stalks removed and chopped

6 eggs, beaten
Pinch of salt and pepper
 
Fry the vegetables in a large pan in the oil on a medium heat until they start to go soft, then mix the salt and pepper in with the eggs, give them a last little beat and pour the egg mix evenly over the vegetables. Then leave it to stand on the heat for 2-3 minutes before transferring the pan under a hot grill for another 2-3 minutes until it looks nicely browned on top. Voila!

By the last few mouthfulls I was getting really full so was quite hopeful about avoiding any snacking urges mid-morning, but I made the mistake of popping into a supermarket after the school run to pick up some more legal foodstuffs. It made me realise eactly how many aisles were just off limits to me now. It was coming up to 10:30 as I left and my tummy started to grumble when I saw the caramel popcorn by the till. I was good though, coming out with two bags stuffed with fresh veg and posh tea. I drank half a litre of water as soon as I got into the car and that seemed to help stave off any other pangs.

It's now 1pm so I'm going to break for lunch. It's shop-bought unfortunately as I'm working out of the office today, but it is a leafy salad with cucumber, chicken and boiled eggs. The dressing is in a seperate packet so easy to avoid and I'm definitely hungry now!

Bring on tonight when I will go to my first class and do those measurements. Gulp!

No comments:

Post a Comment