Pages

Sunday 3 February 2013

Back on track with some pollock and lime

Well, it looks like my crazy few days of birthdayness are over. The cake has almost all been eaten and the kids will soon finish it off so temptation will be much less and I'm feeling good about keeping clean for the rest of the week. I'm really enjoying this now.

Workout 4 is a tough one isn't it? I really felt it for a day or so afterwards, in a good way, and in the upper body too. I need more of that! So tonight I jumped straight in and tried workout 4 on the DVD. Yep - that's another tough one! I'm not ashamed to admit I had to do a fair bit of modifying down and I only did the first two sets, but I still worked hard and worked up a sweat. I tend to avoid looking at myself in mirrors too much but when I had a bath just now I did and my shape is really changing a lot now. My bulges are less all over, my shape is more toned and even though I'm still big I'm beginning to look like a fit big instead of a blobby big. Things can only get better, not least because I just signed up for another 4 weeks of KSFL. So you're stuck with me for a while longer...

Up for a recipe? I'm aware that as time goes on with KSFL my portions are getting smaller. If I'd seen the plate of food I had for tea tonight a few weeks ago I'd have felt I needed double it to stave off hunger and cope with the lack of carbs. I was still adjusting to the fact that the 'fullness' I used to need from the carbs was actually bloating from over-eating them. This was my tea tonight and four hours on I'm still not hungry. Give it a go yourself and see!


Pollock with Lime and stir fried veggies

Serves 2

Ingredients

2 pollock fillets
1 lime, cut into thin slices
1 small handful of fresh parsley
Veggies for stir frying (I used 1/4 savoy cabbage, 1 stick celery, 5 musrooms, 1 courgette, 5 spring onions, small handful mange tout) 
1tbs olive/coconut oil
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
Juice of half a lime 

Place the pollock fillets in the middle of a fair sized piece of tin foil, sprinkle with chopped parsley and place the lime slices on top. Wrap up in the foil, place on a baking tray and cook at 180c for 15 minutes.

Whilst the pollock is cooking throw all the veggies into a wok or non-stick frying pan along with the oil and garlic and stir fry until tender (about 5 minutes). Drizzle the lime juice over the veggies and give it a good stir through for a minute before serving onto plates. Remove the pollock from the foil parcel and place on top, spooning any juices over. Eat up!

No comments:

Post a Comment