Pages

Wednesday 6 February 2013

A Quick King Prawn Lunch and a crunchy treat

I had a busy day today but despite being up in the night - again - with a small boy (I keep being told one day they'll regularly sleep through but we're yet to experience it) I haven't really felt it until this evening. I still managed a full 30 minute workout (workout 2 from the DVD) as well. I did that one last night too and I can really feel it in several places. I'm off to bed as soon as I've written this. It's crunch day tomorrow for those 28 day stats and I'm looking forward to measuring, photographing and revelling in the changes.

Lunch today was very quick and simple - it took me all of 5 minutes to prepare - but also very yummy. As always I'm going to share it with you guys, well, a picture of it anyway.


The Quick King Prawn Lunch

Serves 1

Ingredients

1 serving of fresh king prawns
Handful mange tout
Handful spinach, chopped
Half an onion, chopped
1 tomato, chopped
1 garlic clove, sliced
1 tbs olive/coconut oil

Toss the lot into a non-stick frying pan and cook over a high heat until the prawns hve cooed through and the spinach has wilted. Serve up and enjoy!

I have found one little treat today. I was in Morrison's earlier and I saw that they had rolls of pig skin for crackling. It's just the skin and it's clearly a waste product from their butchering so it's for sale extremely cheaply and I thought that I'd get some. We don't eat crisps or chocolate any more, but once in a while a little snack would be lovely. Clearly, crackling isn't very nutritious - it's mostly fat - but it is yummy and most importantly it IS on plan! So I brought it home (for 71p I got four rolls) and I scored one, salted it and popped it in a high oven on a tray. By gum, it comes out lovely! We had crackling as a starter for tea tonight and it felt totally indulgent. I still have three rolls left in the fridge too.

But that's it for now. I'm off to bed. Watch out for those photos tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment