Pages

Thursday 14 February 2013

Spicy Lamb Yumminess

Today has been a Thursday which means it's also been results day! Another week on KSFL has seen me lose another two pounds, though my inches have stayed the same. It's progress, and it will do nicely, especially as I had those three cups of coffee over the weekend, that large bowl of fruit salad on Sunday, those couple of extra apples through the week and that chocolate on Tuesday (which was rather sickly actually), not to mention the several times I've indulged in a few sweet potato wedges or a spoonful of brown rice. A slightly relaxed plan seems to still be working, so we'll try another week of the same I think.

Tonight for dinner we had a lovely spicy lamb mince dish. I wanted something with a moroccan twist but the recipes I was finding all required spices I didn't have, so I made it up. It's yummy though. I included a handful of dried apricots thinking it was a cheat I could justify, but then in the class tonight Rachel told us that we could include fruit in our meals because eating them with protein negates the blood sugar rise and insulin peak that we work so hard to avoid on KSFL. So it was all legal! Marvellous!

And blogger won't let me post photos tonight, so you'll just have to imagine something mouthwateringly good instead.

The Food Junkie's Spicy Lamb Mince

Serves 2 generously

Ingredients

1tbs olive/coconut oil
400g lamb mince
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped/crushed
1 red pepper, chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1 red chilli, finely chopped (optional)
Whatever spices you fancy - I used 1tbs of Dal Makhani spice mix that we had in the cupboard which contains coriander, chilli, onion flakes, black pepper, ginger, salt, garlic, cloves, nutmeg, star anise and mace, but any combination of the above or similar would be worth trying)
Handful dried apricots, finely chopped

Fry the lamb, onion and garlic in the oil until the meat has browned then add the rest of the ingredients. Let it simmer for 20 minutes or so and you're all done! We served ours with quinoa and steamed cabbage and it was very nice indeed. There is even enough left for my other half to take to work for lunch tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment