Pages

Friday 1 February 2013

Still here, buried under the cake

I must apologise for the radio silence over the last couple of days. Things have just got a bit crazy with my son's birthday, and they won't let up for another 24 hours as we've got his party tomorrow. Present wrapping, balloon blowing, cake baking (and yes, a little bit of cake eating)... It's a busy, but fun time and he's having an absolute ball.

Normal service should hopefully resume by Sunday, but I didn't want to go too long without posting my official results for week three. They were disappointing. No weight loss and just, if I was very enthusiastic with the tape measure, a loss of half an inch off each thigh. Given that I have stuck to the plan and been working out lots this wasn't the boost I was hoping for, but I've been told that a number of others have experienced the same at week three. I can't imagine there aren't some dramatic differences going on inside this body, but for some reason they are just not choosing to show themselves yet. I don't want to think about how I'll feel if the same thing happens next week, but hopefully, it won't. I need to remind myself that my totals are still a loss of 8lb and 11 inches in three weeks, and that aint bad really!

A day on and I've picked myself up, I've eaten a piece of chocolate birthday cake (slowly, savouring every bite) and once tomorrow is out the way I will be going back to full detox for the rest of the week to see if that can help me shift some weight and size. I need to really, because instead of a cheat meal this week I've given myself permission to have cake on two ocassions - one yesterday on the birthday itself, and one tomorrow at the party (and in the interests of total honesty, I did also lick the spoon today after I spooned the cake mixture into the tin). So in reality I'll have had a sugar kick on three consecutive days. It will be interesting to see how I feel on Sunday/Monday without it.

Have a good weekend folks!

No comments:

Post a Comment