Pages

Tuesday 12 February 2013

A KSFL pancake day

Apologies for disappearing for a few days. I was at a conference over the weekend and it's taken a while to catch up with myself since being back. I wasn't sure how well I'd stay on plan but it turns out that the friend who was putting me up for the weekend is doing Atkins so instead of grabbing a takeaway on the Saturday evening we went back to her place for pork chops and salad, and on Sunday morning she treated me to a fry up! I'd taken a packed lunch on Saturday and was home for dinner on Sunday, so I didn't even need to use a cheat meal. I even managed to stick to water and peppermint tea on the Saturday night party. (Yes, this was a club that served peppermint tea. It's amazing what you can get in a big city that you can't find out here in the sticks.)

I have had the odd small cup of coffee over the last few days as well. It's not something I intend to make a habit of but being out of my routine and in other people's spaces made me feel more inclined to have one here and there. (I've had three over three days.) So far I haven't felt any unpleasant effects and I haven't had one today so I might feel more relaxed about having the odd one when out and about from here on in. The good news is that I can now quite happily drink the stuff without sugar which would have been unthinkable before, so at least they will be slightly less toxic when I do indulge.

My antics over the weekend and the subsequent chaotic catch-up did mean I ended up having three consecutive days without a workout, but I put that right tonight with a full half hour one from the DVD and I seem to have suffered no ill effects for the few days off. It was a good one, I was up for it and worked hard happily.

On to today. It's pancake day! There was no way I was going to not have pancakes today so I did some research and found a KSFL-friendly pancake recipe! Don't they look great? The recipe is below.

 
But before that, we had baked sea bass for tea tonight which is super easy, and super yummy. Just take your whole sea bass (cleaned), give them a run under the tap, stuff the cavity with spinach leaves and wrap in foil. Bake in a hot oven (about 220c) for 25-30 minutes and you're done. We had ours with some greens and it was just lovely. Watch out for bones though!


And then, the moment I'd been waiting for, it was time to try making those pancakes. They were a little delicate so flipping had to be done tentatively, but they worked! They're more of a scotch pancake than a crepe, but I prefer those anyway so I was more than happy.

Here's how to make them:

KSFL Pancakes

Ingredients

Makes 6 small pancakes

2 ripe bananas
1 egg
1 tbs almond butter (check the ingredients - the one I bought is 99.5% almonds and 0.5% salt, nothing else)
Olive/coconut oil for cooking

Mash up the bananas in a bowl, add the egg and almond butter and mix until well combined. Then spoon out into a hot frying pan with a bit of oil in it. Once you start to see air pockets coming through from the bottom it's time to turn them - which you need to do gently as they are quite delicate little things. Give them another minute on the other side and you're done!

Not bad, eh?

No comments:

Post a Comment