Pages

Thursday 7 February 2013

Celebrating success with BBQ ribs

OK, I admit it, I'm not really going to be cooking over a barbecue in February, but today's challenge was to come up with a recipe for a KSFL-friendly BBQ sauce to go with the ribs I bought the other day. I'm pretty sure that Worcestershire sauce isn't really on plan given the fact that it contains sugar, but for the sake of half a teaspoon, especially now I'm able to relax a little bit post detox (though not a lot - I still have a lot of weight to lose) I've taken the risk with this one.


I have to be honest, this wasn't the most barbecue-like of BBQ sauces, though it wasn't a million miles away. It was tangy, and sticky, and very tasty but it didn't have that smokiness that all good BBQ sauces should have. I will have to keep experimenting!

Ingredients

1 tbs olive/coconut oil
1 onion, finely chopped
2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
1 tin chopped tomatoes
1/2 tsp paprika
1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce
1/2 chopped chilli (optional)
1/2 tsp balsamic vinegar (I think cider vinegar would be better)
1 rack of ribs

Fry the onion and garlic in the oil until soft, then thow in the rest of the ingredients and let it simmer for 5-10 minutes. Blitz it with a blender/mixer until smooth. Place the ribs in a raosting tray then pour the sauce over. Grill on high, turning regularly until they are cooked well and are brown and crispy at the edges. Serve with the veg of your choice and sweet potato wedges should you so wish.

No comments:

Post a Comment